Before anything I have to say, this post is NOT for show watchers. It will discuss SPOILERS. So, beware!
Now, as an avid asoiaf and got fan, I listen to a lot of podcasts about got, one of them is the amazing Boars, Gore and Swords podcast. Yes, they are not the most “deep” podcast (altough…
Please BGS readers! Check out psychopixie’s chapter guide for book club and let us know if you have any input!
If you bought a gift for The Red Wedding, you got it at Bloodbath and Beyond.
Ivan Hernandez (@ivan_hernandez on the most recent episode of Boars Gore and Swords)
Natasha returns for THE GREATEST joke. Red, Ivan, and Kelly, will all be appearing SUNDAY, JUNE 9TH at 7pm for A Funny Night For Boars, Gore, and Swords! Tickets here!
Dude, I think your posts are stuck in some sort of feedback loop :|
Apologies. The new website published to tumblr which published to the new website which… yeah, sorry.
Should be working now, let us know if you see any problems.
3x07: The Bear vs The Maiden: Completely Unfair Edition
[iframe style=”border:none” src=”http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/2321811/height/50/width/300/thumbnail/no/theme/standard” height=”50” width=”300” scrolling=”no”]
S3E07 “The Bear and the Maiden Fair” covered by Ivan, Red, and unofficial…
Bannerman Nicole sends in a great piece of fan art specifically for Ivan based on the podcast for Season 3, Episode 5. Her email below
SUBJECT: I defy you, Hernandez!
Since in this week’s episode, you specifically called out on me to NOT draw this, I had to draw it.
I’m not sorry.
The Hunger Game: 3x04 Corrections by Matt Hungerford
DRAAGOOOOOOOOOOONNSSSSSSS Ivan metal riff
- Jaqen is not from Braavos (he’s from Lorath, another one of the Free Cities in Essos) but that is where the Faceless Men are based, and it’s where he told Arya to go.
- Ivan, I’m worried about my stock portfolio and have many questions. Please email me.
- Bannerman Christopher Day created the spreadsheet
- Railroad has dropped quite a few subplots over the years but the dagger isn’t one of them.
- Podrick’s subplot- entirely invented for the show but making me chuckle heartily
- Bran, then Rickon would be lord of Winterfell before Sansa after Rob’s death but everyone thinks they are dead, hence the interest in Sansa.
- Most people think Catelyn or Brienne killed Renly and don’t believe their story of “no really guys, it was a wierd shadow assassin… thing”
- You can actually see Beric very briefly in season one when Ned orders him after the Mountain. He’s now portrayed by a different actor just for maximum confusion value.
- The Vale is resolutely sitting out of the war right now because they are ruled by a crazy lady.
Follow @mhunger on twitter.
The Hunger Game: 3x03 Corrections by Matt Hungerford
Hey guys! In addition to my happy news from earlier (employed!) keeping me from writing these you have also been generally better at your GoT facts these last three episodes. All that book reading is paying off.
- Astapor is in the middle of southern Essos, not as far east as Qarth but still very far away.
- The Blackfish nickname comes from when Lord Hoster called Bryden the “black goat of the Tully herd”, prompting Brynden to come up with the name and change his sigil to a black trout.
- While Tyrion would be next in line to inherit Casterly Rock in the event of Tywin’s death, the king would have the power to remove him (for example see the 12 different people who have supposedly ruled Harrenhal so far in the series) and the king doesn’t like Tyrion very much.
- The HBO viewers’ guide seems to confirm that Stannis’s (pointless!) daughter has been removed from the show, though he remains married to the as-yet-unseen Selyse.
- All this talk about episode names seems to be very confused, so just for the record: The last episode of season 2 is ‘Valar Morghulis” (all men must die) and the first episode of season 3 is “Valar Dohaeris” (all men must serve). It’s a in-joke for book fans because it’s usually a call and response for characters who know what it means.
Follow Matt at @mhunger!
This illustration was supposed to be posted last week but due to all 4 of my wisdom teeth being pulled I was out of commission, feeling better now I can finally post this Illustration. This is based upon the the awesome podcast Boars, Gore, and Swords. It is hosted by comedians Red Scott and Ivan Hernandez they re-cap the Game of Thrones TV show, as well as read the books and regurgitate it into to comedy bits for the listener, and does what you should be watching episodes in which they recommend what TV shows to watch. The best part of the podcast is whenever Red and Ivan’s conversations just digress into either Comics, Tv, Pop Culture, Comedians, and or Weed.
This illustration is more based on the Dunk and Egg stories they recently read. I imagined Ivan as Dunk and Red as Egg because whenever the conversations break down into fictional war strategy Ivan usually goes with a more physical response such as bust a dudes head in with armor mounted spikes, while Red tends to go with a more tactical response. It is a stark contrast to what would actually happen to the both of them in a war scenario, which is die a horrible death.
There are little clues in this illustration as to what they most talk about on the podcast such as the flag Red is holding is a shout out to the west wing and Aaron Sorkin, as well as the Tardis is a shout to to time travel. In Ivan’s case I chose to depict him with a weed shield, and Cthulhu monster tentacles attacking him and his stead. All of this is self explanatory if you listen to the podcast. Btw if the lettering is hard to make out it says “the third greatest game of thrones podcast”.
This is the best, my legs have never been in such great shape - Red.
A belated Happy Birthday to Colin and thanks for his awesome Boars, Gore, and Swords fan art! (with help from vivschwarz)